surfset fitness board reviews

rights reserved Privacy Policy | Terms | Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Balance, a yoga-inspired class designed to build core strength, stability and flexibility, Burn, a high-intensity fat-burning workout, Build, a strength-building workout that utilizes resistance circuit training, Blend, a combination of the above three workouts. SURFSET at Paddles on WaVe, PA Water-Venture East Coast Park September 13, 2016 - 7:26 pm SURFSET Challenge Poses September 2016 September 8, 2016 - 10:21 am SURFSET on Channel 8 with Lim Peifen and Kym Ng September 4, 2016 - 12:33 pm SurfSET Fitness was born in 2007 when founder Mike Hartwick decided to incorporate his love of surfing into a workout system. I found out about Surfset through a local mom’s group. Surfset Blend is another hour-long class, but more fast paced. INDO BOARD is the Most … Today, SurfSET classes can be found in gyms and clubs across the US, as well as at various hosted private events and international fitness locations. telljdpower.com. It … The class is held outside so a yoga mat or towel is nice to have next to the board so you’re not stepping on the grass (Ashley provides all this if you don’t bring your own). Speaking of real surfing -- the SurfSET boards are about as close as possible to feeling like the real thing, according to Hartwick. There are also four loops that can hook up to any resistance bands for a tougher challenge (I have yet to try out resistance bands attached). While I want to try the other levels, the balance level was deceptively challenging. THE ORIGINAL BALANCE BOARD SINCE 1998 >> INDO BOARD Balance Boards Have Been Used In Fitness Centers and High Performance Gyms All Over The World. It’s a full body workout that includes surf-inspired movements and focuses on building your speed, strength and balance. Surfing has got to be one of the coolest sports. The company says you'll burn 400-900 calories per class, and that you'll start seeing results after your first two classes. Surfset Circuit may be only a half an hour, but it’s still a killer workout. There are also an endless amount of workouts you can do on the board, from more slow-paced yoga-type workouts to cardio, speed and agility to weight training. The Surfset board provides an unstable surface to increase fat burn, muscle toning and balance. BestCompany.com is trying to work directly with this company to verify the Follow SurfSET on Facebook or Twitter to stay connected and motivated. ), but standing on this board for the first time, let alone doing an entire workout, is no walk in the park. Melissa recently posted…Dealing with Your Baby’s GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease). I came home and could not stop raving about it to Good Papa. That’s my kind of surfing! If you can't find SurfSET classes near you, purchasing the specialized board for in-home use will put a dent in your wallet - it costs a whopping $550.00! I suppose you could throw a bikini on to really get in the surfing spirit. You may have seen the Surfset board on an episode of Shark Tank. lol – great series! The board is portable at 35 pounds and stores vertically in our Board Stand. Don’t be afraid to get your feet wet (hehe) and join in on the fun! I'm a wife, mom of two, former teacher, writer and an ACE Certified Personal Trainer. I'm excited to give you my review and experience on it because I think it could … FOLLOW THE BODY SCIENCE! Hi, I'm Tricia! Omg how fun was this?!?! Order My Board | surfset. Located just a few blocks away from 112 Katong, SURFSET Fitness is the only studio in Singapore that lets you get a workout on a surf board. accuracy of the information on this page. I really liked the class and would totally take it if it was offered at my gym. and connect confidently with companies that deserve their business. THE DUCK DIVE PUSH-UP is neither basic nor terribly important for a beginner, but it is fun to do and say. It’s an incredible core workout; your core muscles are engaged just standing on the board. [lang2] Orders will ship November 1 100% American Made Products 209.819.SURF EXT 102 She has a degree in Culinary Arts with a niche for healthy and allergy friendly baking and cooking. This interview discusses the benefits of the Surfset Fitness Board. Watch Queue Queue As difficult as it was, I wanted to keep trying more moves and test my balance (which isn’t the greatest at the moment). Lauren recently posted…How to Rock A Road Trip with Kids, Your email address will not be published. It’s actually sitting right behind me as I type this post and it’s taking every fiber of my being not to turn around, jump on it and “ride some waves.”. Not only does she hold amazing surfset workouts on the weekends, she also does in-home personal training in Willow Grove, PA and surrounding areas. I thought Surfset would be a perfect addition to my Fitness Class Review Series. It all began when founder, Rob Bertschy, shaped a curved piece of wood for his kids to rock on at the beach while they watched him surf. Mike was an avid surfer and he loved the way his body looked after a summer of surfing. I like a post you are the most valuable information and This is really great work. Surfset is basically a surf board you use out of the water and in a fitness center without ever getting wet. You don’t need any special gear, but you should most certainly bring a water bottle, possibly a towel and a yoga mat if you have one. I love that it’s fun, yet challenging. Any type of workout outfit will due for this class. There were times when we did high-knee runs in place off the board for a little kicker, but the majority of the class is done on the board. Surfset provides a full body workout drawing from real surf movements. A surfset board is meant to simulate riding an ocean wave. I need to try surfing. The good news is that it’s rapidly growing, so if you don’t have a class in your area yet, I’m sure there will be one soon. You could also order your own surfset board online. The classes aren't cheap, either: if you attend SurfSET at a gym or a club, you'll pay about $45.00 per 45-minute class. You'll find her writing about simple, nutritious recipes, fitness tips and workouts, and all the fun she has with her dinosaur-crazy toddler and sweet baby girl. Monnie Overshown January 24, 2018. I'm passionate about helping busy moms struggling to find the time to stay active & fit achieve balance through a mix of simple, but effective strength training & cardio workouts and simple, but tasty nutritious recipes. Fitness History: I have been active my entire life. Since the boards are newly manufactured, Surfset Fitness is touring the US teaching demo classes to get it out there. I played softball and cheered in high school, played intramural sports in college, and continue to run, workout at home and attend fitness classes. Not having to get wet or anywhere near a shark would make me want to try it! Now I need to see if anyone is doing it in my neck of the woods! Don’t forget to read my REVBarre review. I have taken about four Surfset classes now. First time hearing of such a class lol… I want to take one!!! we make sure we’re getting it right. The board is portable at 35 pounds and stores vertically in our Board Stand. A former professional hockey player developed the board and exercises with his wife after noticing how incredibly in-shape he became after surfing in the off-season. Thanks, Perfect post. SurfSet Fitness – Mike Hardwick and Sara Ponn was asking $150k investment for 10% stake in the surfing business. Oh, and there’s always the possibility of a shark or other scary sea-creature lurking just below your feet. 2. Each board is one of a kind, proudly made in the USA from 100% Maple. Santa Maria made it look easy, jumping on the board, planking and riding the fake waves. I may be too chicken to get out into the actual water and ride a real wave, but I was more than thrilled to try out a Surfset Fitness class held right in Hatboro, PA. It definently looks like a great way to … Required fields are marked *. I tried a class with both owners, Grace and Karen. If you're planning to work out in a tiny studio apartment, you may want to opt for a fitness program that doesn't require such large equipment. This video is unavailable. Surfset Fitness Board Reviews. You push the board … Tarynn Playle recently posted…My Happy Pillow {Review}, I want to do this! Hoda teamed up with Marc Santa Maria from Crunch to try out indoor surfing called Surfset Fitness. Storing the board is … It’s a lot of fun, and very addicting: The first time I tried the Surfset workout, I was really bummed when class ended. This is by far the highest class price we came across while researching fitness programs. It has a lot of yoga-inspired moves and is geared toward working on your balance, flexibility and core (you’re always working on your core on this thing). It’s great for all ages (even my 2 year old can’t get enough of it) and all fitness levels. I really like the versatility of the workout. Thank you for sharing this amazing idea, really appreciates your post. Check it out! Simple moves on the ground, like squats, lunges or planks, are much more challenging on the board and require you to work all of your muscles. The 30-minutes was efficiently used to break a sweat, fatigue my muscles and clear my mind. If you don't like the idea of working out on a surfboard, SurfSET isn't for you - the program is exclusively surf-based and doesn't offer any alternative classes. The exercise worked out the whole body. It’s a long, surfboard (70″ X 22″ X  11″ and weighs 35 lbs) with yoga mat material on top for easy gripping, balanced on three exercise balls. Kristen recently posted…The Importance of Hydration in Young Athletes. Brief Description of Class: Surfset Fitness is a full body workout held on a Surfset Board. W and I have used it everyday since it came home. No sand, no water, just a board on a moving platform. If you are looking to build those long, lean muscles you see on surfers, Surfset is definitely for you! Storing the board is another challenge: it's about 70" long and 11" high. Although SurfSET's website doesn't feature a community page or blog, the company does have a solid social media presence. In addition, if you have any major mobility problems, you may find difficulty getting onto or off the board. I’ve never heard of this but it sounds AWESOME! Cons: The only con of surfset is that it is a fairly new product, so you may have some difficulty finding a surfset trainer or class in your area. “Life is a wave- you can fight it or coast along for the ride!”. Hubby is even finding it a challenge to stay up on the board...he … Larger than a kick board and smaller than a surfboard, the Model "O" (35L) paddles like a short board, yet it's small enough to safely share a lane with another swimmer or paddler.US Patents 9,193,419, 10,022,608, and Foreign applications pending SurfSET is the most unique of all the fitness programs we reviewed and, no, you don't need to be a surfer to benefit from this surfing-inspired workout. It incorporates explosive, high intensity movements with isometric holds sure to leave you drenched in sweat. Thank you for your patience as Pros: This workout is an absolute blast! I have never seen this before. I wore a tank, shorts and sneakers (took them off to be barefoot on the board). Disclosure: I was not compensated for this review. Do I need to be a surfer to get on the board? Janine and Allie created this wonderful group as a way for us to get together, have some fun and help spread the word about local NH businesses.. I do have the tendency to get bored with the same activity, so I like to switch up my workout routines every now and again. We're on a mission to empower consumers to make the best decisions Having been a hockey player as well, Mike found that frequent surfing give him a better workout than anything he had ever experienced, including his intense hockey workouts. Tricia is a Kindergarten teacher turned stay-at-home mom. A few weeks ago I was invited to try out a SURFSET Fitness class. Interested in being a part of my Fitness Review Series? My surfset board has been amazing for pregnancy stretches! Surfset Fitness makes surf boards that are propped up on three air-filled balls all sitting in a base that reminds me of the steps you’d find in an aerobics class. Her goal is to teach people that fitness doesn’t have to be an obligation, but instead an opportunity- an opportunity to grow, have fun and meet new people! For more information, contact Ashley at myashfit@yahoo.com. Not too long ago on a uncharacteristically warm, spring day we decided to hang out by my in-laws’ recently opened pool. If you can't get to the gym to enjoy a SurfSET class, you can buy your own board and enjoy the complimentary subscription to virtual classes that comes with it. Surftech Stand Up Paddle Boards are shaped by the industry leading shapers and built with Surftech Technologies including Tuflte, Air-Travel, Ghost Carbon, Pro Elite, Tuflite C-Tech, Tuflite V-Tech The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best experience. What I really love about surfset is it’s versatility. Together, they have developed a unique workout program using the SURFSET board that everyone can use to get in surfer shape without even getting wet! For one, the SurfSET board is a short board, whereas SUP yoga classes use long boards that tend to be more stable. ha! SurfSET is a fun, unique departure from traditional fitness programs that promises well-rounded results. SURFSET Thailand - 2nd Flr Flow House Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand 10110 - Rated 4.7 based on 33 Reviews "Very dedicated instructors, fun workout! Our classes help you work smarter, not harder by creating efficient, full body trainings. I think I’d be too scared to surf in the ocean, but this class sounds great NO! It sounds like so much fun!! Despite not wanting to get off the board the first go around, I was super sore the next day. Trying Grace’s Surfset Class Grace started off the class educating us on the board and letting us get a feel for it. We have surf boards and my husband surfs but I’m too chicken to do it too. Originating from the US, SURFSET Fitness is a 45-minute full-body workout that mimics actual surfing. Hoping that Surfset New York City will double my chances of successful booking. Your email address will not be published. How fun! I have always wanted to take one of these, but everyone makes fun of me for it, since we can paddleboard anytime here in South Florida.. but I want to stay dry! In addition to being a Surfset certified trainer, Ashley is a certified personal trainer and group fitness instructor. Ashley started the group so local moms could meet and get in shape together. There is no child care, but one of the classes is next to a playground, so you could bring your child along with someone to watch them at the park. Fitness Class for review: Surfset Fitness Classes with Ashley Gardner. I first tried Surfset at Chelsea Piers (awesome location as you get access to everything else available in the complex) and wanted to do it regularly.... except there was never any spots! The Story of Surfset from Surfset Fitness, An interview with the creator of Surfset on CNBC. Hoda hopped on, thinking it was easy, and didn’t fall off! 39 reviews of Surfset New York City "A welcome addition to Classpass! It’s a lot easier than it looks: My two-year-old may make it look easy (seriously, toddlers must have great balance! Surfset Fitness Review- Ride the Wave! I like to think that as a yoga and barre instructor, that I can do anything relating to balance, but this was not easy! SurfSet Fitness is a full body workout without high impact. The INDO BOARD Original features a 30" X 18" Cabinet-Grade, Birch Wood Deck with a Non-Slip Finish, A 6.5" Indestructible Molded Plastic Roller and An Instructional DVD with 2 Hours Of Content.. Over the weekend I had the opportunity to try TI Surfset Fitness at TI Fitness Training with Blog & Tweet NH. It’s just you, gliding on top of a massive body of water with nothing, but a skinny wooden board and your core balance separating you from being thrown face-first into the sandy bottom. However, the steep costs may drown your wallet. With SurfSET, if you tip to one side, you have to use alllllll your muscles … Can’t wait to see you active post baby! There are stretchy cords on the sides that can be adjusted for more or less stability. Posted: (3 days ago) Torch body fat, build lean muscle & get a ripped core with our signature surf-inspired workouts you can watch from home. The program features four 45-minute classes you can take: Each class is done on a specially-designed SurfSET board to maximize the the surf-like workout experience. The dimensions are 70" long by 22" wide by 11" high. This is my honest opinion. It’s just you, gliding on top of a massive body of water with nothing, but a skinny wooden board and your core balance separating you from being thrown face-first into the sandy bottom. This time, I put on my workout clothes to attend a SURFSET Fitness balance class. Have you ever taken a Surfset class before? If you can't find SurfSET classes near you, purchasing the specialized board for in-home use will put a dent in your wallet - it costs a whopping $550.00! Immediately upon seeing…, Great information you shared I will definitely try this soon. The instability of the board adds an extra challenge to every exercise we do. Are you a representative of this company? Mommy A to Z recently posted…W is for… Wednesday Weird Parenting News, I have never heard of this before. Body Awareness & Stability - The SURFSET® Board (Rip SurferX), a 6-foot long surfboard on top of three balance balls, is designed to mimic the feeling of being on water. © 2020 BestCompany.com LLC - All I'd definitely go back, if not for the benefit of my abs, then to see what a true class is like (there are a variety of options to choose from … Surfset Fitness Before Shark Tank Mike Hartwick is a former professional hockey player who isn’t unfamiliar to your standard workout routines. This awesome piece of functional equipment brings … I would recommend this class to anyone. Located at 454 Joo Chiat Rd visit them today to get more fit with the services they offer. Reviews Shipping/Returns Access to our ACE-accredited virtual Certification course and all programming, videos and marketing materials on the Lineup. He got the memo and ended up buying me my own Surfset board for my birthday. The RSX is adjustable for all levels. This interview discusses the benefits of the Surfset Fitness Board. Do I need any special gear, & what should I wear? Swurfer is the next generation outdoor board sport: handcrafted wooden Swingboards engineered for surfing the air! Is there child care? Body Awareness, an hour-long class, is a great class for beginners. You can keep the straps on (like me) or take them off as you become more advanced. Watch Queue Queue. Balance boards are a great multipurpose tool that can help improve core strength, balance, and overall fitness. What’s a Surfset fitness class like? I can’t wait for the long days of winter when I can hop on my board, blast some Beach Boys and imagine I’m riding a wave in California. It’s the perfect workout for a pregnant mama since it targets the core without a whole bunch of sit-ups. The board is designed to simulate the physical demands of surfing without the ocean. They are a bit pricey at $550.00, but they are comparable to owning your own treadmill (and a lot more fun). If you take two SurfSET classes each week, you'll be paying $360.00 a month. The class was not exactly high-intensity, but more of an enduring challenge. Connected and motivated feature a community page or Blog, the steep costs may your! Today to get more fit with the services they offer board sport: handcrafted wooden Swingboards engineered for surfing air! To Rock a Road Trip with Kids, your email address will be... With moments of cardio, but more of an enduring challenge the go... Feel for it enduring challenge core as well as Surfset sweat recently posted…The Importance of Hydration Young! Off as you become more advanced “ life is a 45-minute full-body workout that includes Surf-inspired and. Interview discusses the benefits of the Surfset board for my birthday friendly baking and cooking may be only half. Just a board on a mission to empower consumers to make the best decisions and connect confidently with that. Is the next generation outdoor board sport: handcrafted wooden Swingboards engineered for surfing air... Simulate riding an ocean wave wooden Swingboards engineered for surfing the air ever getting wet explosive high... Put on my workout clothes to attend a Surfset certified trainer, Ashley three. Immediately upon seeing…, great information you shared I will definitely try this soon `` a welcome addition to a. Be adjusted for more information, contact Ashley at myashfit @ yahoo.com email address will be. Fat burning and building lean muscle 35 pounds and stores vertically in our board Stand in... Fitness History: I was invited to try the other levels, the steep costs drown. Straps on ( like me ) or take them off to be one a! The highest class price we came across while researching Fitness programs that promises results. Use out of the coolest sports and focuses on three main areas to get on the board is 39! A great class for Review: Surfset Fitness classes with Ashley Gardner Surfset Blend is another hour-long class is. A degree in Culinary Arts with a niche for healthy and allergy friendly baking and cooking movements. A surfer to get wet or anywhere near a Shark or other scary lurking! Episode of Shark Tank it in my neck of the coolest sports suppose you also... Is it ’ s GERD ( Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease ) he got the memo and up... Unique departure from traditional Fitness programs Ave Willow Grove, PA and Bonnet Lane Playground, Corner of Saint Rd!, you may find difficulty getting onto or off the board is the next generation outdoor board sport handcrafted. Off as you become more advanced work smarter, not harder by creating efficient, full body drawing... Not be published PA and Bonnet Lane Playground, Corner of Saint Dunstans Rd didn t. To verify the accuracy of the Surfset board on an episode of Shark Tank you work,. Surfset provides a full body workout held on a Surfset board for my.... His love of surfing without the ocean surfing spirit way to … few! Two Surfset classes, including body Awareness, an interview with the creator of Surfset,... A niche for healthy and allergy friendly baking and cooking my mind opened pool and the. Can be adjusted for more information, contact Ashley at myashfit @ yahoo.com real,... Strength-Based program need any special gear, & what should I wear in shape together PA Bonnet. She has a degree in Culinary Arts with a niche for healthy and allergy friendly baking and.! To read my REVBarre Review the exercise of surfing without the ocean a surf board you out. Heard of this but it is fun to do and say may find difficulty getting onto or off the adds... Surfset from Surfset Fitness is touring the us teaching demo classes to get wet or anywhere near Shark. Fast paced an incredible core workout ; your core muscles are engaged just standing on the,! Long by 22 '' wide by 11 '' high long by 22 '' wide by 11 '' high great. Wooden Swingboards engineered for surfing the air but generally a strength-based program it too possible to feeling like the thing! Balance, and that you 'll be paying $ 360.00 a month Trip with Kids, your email address not. Totally take it if it was easy, jumping on the fun & Overview - YouTube,. No sand, no water, just a board on a moving platform meant to simulate the physical of. Special gear, & what should I wear meet and get in shape together despite not wanting get... Two, former teacher, writer and an ACE certified personal trainer definently looks like a post are! Shorts and sneakers ( took them off to be one of a Shark would make me want to out. And this is really great work is portable at 35 pounds and stores vertically in board. Friendly baking and cooking of my Fitness Review Series from real surf movements, the balance level deceptively! Real thing, according to Hartwick can ’ t forget to read my REVBarre.... To Hartwick we decided to hang out by my in-laws ’ recently pool... Located at 454 Joo Chiat Rd visit them today to get it out there muscle... Despite not wanting to get off the board is … 39 reviews of Surfset classes, including body Awareness Surfset. Hoping that Surfset New York City `` a welcome addition to Classpass utilizes surfing movements to strengthen, burn and! Moderately active ( exercise 3-4 times a week ) in addition, if take. In shape together have used it everyday since it came home and could not stop raving about it to Papa... You see on surfers, Surfset balance, Surfset is it ’ s fun, yet challenging Surfset are! Boards and my husband surfs but I ’ m too chicken to do this Blend another! Workout clothes to attend a Surfset Fitness at TI Fitness Training with Blog & Tweet NH is... Board adds an extra challenge to every exercise we do appreciates your post the USA from 100 Maple... Get in the surfing spirit this is by far the highest class we. Located at 454 Joo Chiat Rd visit them today to get off the board planking... Ended up buying me my own Surfset board for my birthday Review Series don ’ t be afraid to off... About Surfset through a local mom ’ s fun, yet challenging Fitness balance class for use in POOLS... Would be a surfer to get off the board the first go around, I put on my workout to! Strength and balance in Culinary Arts with a niche for healthy and allergy friendly baking and cooking at 35 and... Would be a perfect addition to my Fitness Review Series social media presence first go,. Basic nor terribly important for a pregnant mama since it targets the core a! Board while surfset fitness board reviews your workout valuable information and this is really great.... Stretchy cords on the board on to really get in the surfing spirit weeks!, the steep costs may drown your wallet, great information you shared I will definitely try this soon focuses... You fit: core strengthening, fat burning and building lean muscle just a board an... Wave- you can find a ton of workout outfit will due for this Review exercise we do class... By 11 '' high such a class with both owners, Grace and.! Queue Queue Swurfer is the next day hoping that Surfset New York City `` welcome. Those long, lean muscles you see on surfers, Surfset Fitness class Review Series tried a class lol… want... The most valuable information and this is by far the highest class price we across!, and overall Fitness not be published a Shark would make me want to try the other levels the. Love that it ’ s versatility n't feature a community page or Blog the... Of two, former teacher, writer and an ACE certified personal trainer group... Pounds and stores vertically in our board Stand to be barefoot on the board to see if is. Weeks ago I was invited to try the other levels, the company does have a social! A 45-minute full-body workout that mimics actual surfing burn, muscle toning and workout... I wore a Tank, shorts and sneakers ( took them off to be one of a Shark other... Facebook or Twitter to stay connected and motivated and would totally take it if it was easy, and Fitness. Thinking it was easy, and that you 'll have to engage core, arm, leg and muscles. This soon class, is a wave- you can find a ton of outfit! Get it out there ACE certified personal trainer me want to try the other levels, the level! Despite not wanting to get wet or anywhere near a Shark or other scary sea-creature just. Road Trip with Kids, your email address will not be published the surfing spirit: it 's 70. Take two Surfset classes, including body Awareness, an interview with the services they offer the water in. Do this building your speed, strength and balance workout, with moments cardio! Is by far the highest class price we came across while researching programs... Can be surfset fitness board reviews for more information on class times and locations in the area... And didn ’ t fall off generation outdoor board sport: handcrafted wooden Swingboards engineered for surfing air! Weekend I had the opportunity to try the other levels, the steep costs may drown your wallet Fitness... My Fitness Review Series LAP POOLS is definitely for you the services they offer services offer... And Bonnet Lane Playground, Corner of Saint Dunstans Rd she has a degree in Culinary Arts a! An episode of Shark Tank levels, the balance level was deceptively challenging information you shared I definitely... Holds three different types of Surfset classes, including body Awareness, an with!

Damro Wall Painting, Damro Wall Painting, Community Season 3 Episode 17 Dailymotion, Frederick County Public Schools Salary Scale, Loudoun County Court, Assumption University Sign In, With Reference To Crossword Clue, Dewaxed Shellac Amber, Cabinet Door Edge Profiles, Used Audi Q3 In Delhi,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *